For Arthritis that is worse in cold weather, to Move Qi & Blood, Tonify Yang, and Eliminate Wind-Cold
- 3 lb. chicken thighs (easy to debone)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 cups quinoa, oats or barley
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- Season with a combination of: cumin, turmeric, rosemary, garlic, thyme, cinnamon, ginger (hot), & coriander
- Heat stock pot over high heat and add olive oil, quickly add chicken thighs skin side down and brown.
- Add smashed garlic, and herbs.
- Add quinoa and potatoes.
- From a separate pot of boiling water, add enough to cover ingredients.
- Cook until potatoes and quinoa are tender.
- Finally add the greens and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- The cartilage tips will cook off the bones and provide glucosamine.
**Remove bones before feeding.
September 11, 2017